Ellwood City Public Library activities for the week of October 11 – Ellwood City, PA news
The Ellwood Area Public Library offers a variety of weekly activities. Information is available by calling the library at 724-758-6458.
The library has partnered with Seneca Library District, Oil Creek Library District, Erie County Public Library, and Crawford County Federated Library System for e-books. You can now use the Overdrive or Libby app. to borrow books from the above libraries. Please call the library with any questions.
The library is open. Newspapers, magazines and toys will not be available at this time. Wearing a mask, covering the mouth and nose, is compulsory throughout the visit to the building. We will continue to do curbside pickup. Please call us with the recommended book (s), author, genre or material you wish to view and our staff will see that it is alphabetically in the lobby for you. We always make our returns in specially marked containers in our hall. Please do not put donated books in these bins. 724-758-6458 is the number to call for inquiries.
The hours are Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Remember that no one is available to take your calls unless it is at the times indicated above.
The activities taking place this week include.
MONDAY 11 OCTOBER
- 6:30 pm – âClassics Book Groupâ will discuss Nathaniel Hawthorne’s âHouse of the Seven Gablesâ on Zoom.
TUESDAY 12 OCTOBER
- 10:00 am – âBaby Laptimeâ, a program for babies, toddlers and preschoolers delivered via Facebook.
- 7:00 PM – âTwenty-Something Book Groupâ will discuss Jamie McGuire’s âAll the Little Lightsâ book via Zoom.
THURSDAY 14 OCTOBER
- 4:00 PM – âHooked on Books Book Groupâ will discuss Dave Rudden’s âThe Knights of the Borrowed Darkâ via Zoom.
- 6:00 p.m. – âFamily Laptimeâ, a program for babies, toddlers and preschoolers delivered via Facebook.
Subscribe to the monthly e-newsletter to stay up to date with all the programs and activities happening at the library.
Here are the commemorative contributions received by the library during the month of September. The papers are published every week in this section and represent a part of the contributions received.
- In memory of Lynn Raye Campbell of Kathy Gordon, Beverly and Sam Greenberg, Little Beaver Helping Hands
- In memory of Paul “Dodds” Johnson, Sr. of Brown’s Country Kitchen
- In memory of Glenn Taylor Koach by Robert and Lynn Gelzheiser
- In memory of John Robert “Bob” Luca of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Beverly J. McDevitt of The SD Group (Belynda, Laurie, Sam, Kathy and Kayla), Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Anna M. Main of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Mary Lou (Rocco) Mercuri of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Mary Anne Meyer of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Patrice Marie (Wolfe) Mohr of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.
- In memory of Anthony R. Oliastro, Sr. of Samuel Teolis Funeral Home, Inc.