Gale Partners with State Library of Iowa and Iowa Academic Library Alliance to Provide Free Access to Digital Resources
MONKS, Iowa and FARMINGTON HILLS, Michigan., December 13, 2017 / PRNewswire / – The State Library of Iowa, Iowa public libraries and the Iowa Academic Library Alliance have partnered with Gale, a Cengage company and a leading provider of library resources, to provide Iowa library users and students with free access to high-quality digital resources that support learning, research, business and personal enrichment. Iowa residents can visit: www.iowalibrariesonline.org to access these resources through their public or university library.
“We are delighted to bring these in-demand resources to Iowa library users, ”said Michael scott, State Librarian of Iowa. “Gale Resources support learning at all ages and are a trusted source of reliable and relevant information.”
Gale’s 13 digital offerings include: databases, research papers and periodicals, and are accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device. These high-quality resources support homework, personal enrichment, health surveys, business analysis, and academic research. Many products offer built-in workflow tools from Google and Microsoft, as well as language translation, downloadable audio files, and easy ways to share and save content.
“The State Library of Iowa has selected an excellent collection of Gale resources to help public and academic libraries support their learners and communities, ”said Leigh Ann Cusack, Senior Director of Public Products and Consortia at Gale. “Iowa libraries are empowered to make a lasting impact on people’s lives and their educational activities through cutting-edge product experiences, tools and support. “
Gale resources are now available for Iowa free library users include:
- Books and authors: A reader-friendly database for discovering authors, genres and topics
- Company Snapshot: Essentials: News, detailed reports and statistics on companies and sectors
- Chilton Library: Repair and maintenance instructions for many makes and models of vehicles
- Educator referral completed: Academic journals and reports in the field of education
- General OneFile and Academic OneFile – with InfoTrac collections: Full-text periodicals and popular magazines, as well as peer-reviewed journals aligned with the program
- Health and Wellness Resource Center: Authoritative source for health information, updated daily
- Academic Health Reference Center: Current and reliable health data for students and professionals
- Inform Academic: Spanish language periodicals
- InfoTrac Kiosk: Searchable access to over 1,100 newspapers, images, broadcasts and transcripts from around the world
- InfoTrac Student Edition: Magazines, newspapers and magazines for high school students
- InfoBits for children: Age-appropriate, reliable, and curriculum-related content to meet the research and homework needs of elementary school students
- Contextual research: Multimedia reference and authoritative periodical content with the most studied topics for college students
This collection of Gale digital resources is available at participating public libraries at Iowa and can be viewed at: www.iowalibrariesonline.org.
About Cengage and Gale
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets around the world. Gale, a Cengage company, provides libraries with original and curated content, along with the modern research tools and technology that are essential for connecting libraries to learning and learners to libraries. For more than 60 years, Gale has partnered with libraries around the world to enable the discovery of knowledge and ideas – where, when and how people need it. Gale has 500 employees worldwide and its main activities are Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information, please visit www.gale.com.
Follow Gale on:
About the State Library of Iowa
The State Library of Iowa Actively advocates for libraries and seeks to improve library services across the state and provide specialized information services to the state government and the people of Iowa. For more information: www.statelibraryofiowa.org.
Kayla siefker, Gale Cengage
SOURCE Gale – Cengage