Pasadena Public Library Launches Annual Summer Reading Program
This year’s theme, “Reading Beyond the Box,” encourages participants to explore ideas that are new or unfamiliar to them and forge their own path in life. Children, teens and adults are encouraged to register online at https://pasadena.beanstack.com/reader365 or stop by Allendale, Hastings, Hill Avenue, lamanda Park, The Pintoresca, Linda Vista, San Rafael, Santa Catalina or Villa Parke to register in person. The 2022 Summer Reading Program will take place from Saturday June 4th to Saturday July 30th.
As part of the Summer Reading Program, the Pasadena Public Library will host a series of performances, programs, story time, workshops, etc. For a full list of programs, visit our events calendar at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/calendar/.
SHOWS AND SPECIAL SUMMER PROGRAMS
• Performance – Christopher Yates presents Dr. rusty Dinosaur Safari Follow “Ty”, a tyrannosaur who doesn’t know if he’s herbivorous or carnivorous, as he meets dinosaur friends and discovers all that a tyrannosaur can do. This show includes puppets, role-playing, music and crowd participation. For ages 3-12. Saturday, June 4, 2:30 p.m., Linda Vista Branch Library, 1281 Bryant St.
• Performance – Craig Woodson’s World Orchestra Educator, musician and musical instrument maker, Dr. Craig Woodson will lead you on an exploration of instruments from around the world in this fun performance with audience participation. For ages 3-12. This program is presented in partnership with the Los Angeles County Music Center. Saturday, June 11, 3 p.m., Hastings Branch Library, 3325 E. Orange Grove Blvd.
• Performance – Bob Barker Marionette Theater presents “The Circus” Join us via Zoom for “the greatest show on strings”. This show features a talented group including a seal, baboons, ostriches and a clown performing a high energy show celebrating the world of a classic traveling circus. To attend the Bob Baker Marionette Theater puppet show, register at https://pasadena.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=6037. Monday, June 13, 7 p.m., Zoom
• Performance – Baila Bilingual concert Enjoy an interactive show full of energy with the Baila Bandaged. Dance to the music with your little ones and learn Spanish while having fun. For children from 18 months to 5 years old and their caregivers. Tuesday, June 14, 10:30 a.m., lamanda Park Branch Library, 140 S. Altadena Dr.
• Performance – Magic with Justin Rivera Join nationally acclaimed entertainer Justin Rivera for the perfect combination of comedy and magic. Wednesday, June 22, 11 a.m., San Rafael Branch Library, 1240 Nithsdale Rd.
• Program – Bubble-Ology 101 Learn about the science of bubbles and see real world applications of bubbles and bubble technology. Presented by Full Spectrum Educational Services. Thursday, June 23, 2 p.m., Santa Catalina Branch Library, 999 E. Washington Blvd.
The Pasadena Public Library serves as an information center for the Pasadena community to preserve and encourage the free expression of ideas essential to informed citizenship. A variety of highly vetted programs are presented for children and adults and they represent the research and opinions of the presenter and do not reflect an endorsement by the City of Pasadena or the Pasadena Public Library.
The Pasadena Public Library Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Pasadena Public Library. For more information, visit www.pasadenapubliclibrary.net or contact Catherine Hany, [email protected]