This Week at the Johnson City Public Library (June 19-25) | Sunday stories
JOHNSON CITY — Here’s a look at what’s happening this week at the Johnson City Public Library (100 W. Millard St.).
• The library is closed on Monday June 20, on the occasion of June 16.
• The Library Board will meet on Tuesday, June 21 at 4:30 pm in the Jones Meeting Room. Board meetings are open to the public.
• The summer reading program for all ages runs from June 1 to July 22. Visit jcpl.org/summer-reading for more information and to register.
• The Summer Reading Art Contest is accepting submissions of all ages until Friday July 1st. Entries will be posted in the library through July and winners will be announced at LibCon on Saturday, July 9. Call 423-434-4458 for details.
• Toddler Hour for children ages 19-36 months and their caregivers will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21 and 22 at 10 a.m. in the Story Time Room. Pick one day a week. No registration, but places are limited; take a ticket when you arrive.
• Preschool Storytime for 3-5 year olds and their caregivers meets Tuesday and Wednesday, June 21 and 22 at 11:00 am in the Storytime Room. Pick one day a week. No registration, but places are limited; take a ticket when you arrive.
• Under the Sea Tea Party will take place on Wednesday, June 22 at 6:30 pm Children ages 3-12 can enjoy snacks, stories and songs in the Jones Meeting Room. Registration is mandatory; call 423-434-4458 to register.
• Unicyclist Mark Lippard will perform Thursday, June 23 at 11:00 am at the King Commons Natural Adventure Area, across from the library. Children of all ages and their families are welcome. No registration required.
• Story time in the park will take place on Friday, June 24 at 10:30 am for children 2 to 5 years old and their caregivers. It meets at the King Commons Natural Adventure Area across from the library. No registration required.
• The ocean-themed Perler Beads Craft Night will be held on Tuesday, June 21 at 6:00 p.m. in the Jones Meeting Room. Ages 12 to 18 can create ocean-themed art with Perler beads. All supplies will be provided. Registration is mandatory; visit jcpl.org/calendar to register.
• Spanish at Your Library will meet on Thursday, June 23 at 6 p.m. in the Tennessee Room. Anyone aged 18 and over can join the conversation group to practice the Spanish language. All skill levels are welcome. No registration required.
• The Bring Your Own Book discussion group meets Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Boones Creek location of the Johnson City Brewing Company (2362 Boones Creek Road, Johnson City). The discussion will focus on “Big Fish” by Daniel Wallace. No registration required.
• The Alzheimer’s Association will host an information session on understanding Alzheimer’s disease and dementia on Saturday, June 25 at 11:00 am in the Jones Meeting Room. No registration required.
To register or view other upcoming events at the Johnson City Public Library, visit jcpl.org/calendar.